It's not my Ateneo anymore
As I roam around Ateneo and see the trees and the surroundings and as I go to each and every class and meet the my classmates, I realize that it is no longer my Ateneo.
Ancient where the times when all you can eat in the caf are blue and gold and seeing a rodic's place on the sec field is a call for celebration.
Gone where those times where there are cono benches and the only way to study is on the designated benches with your barkada.
Times have changed. Rodic's has become permanent at the caf up. Heck they even got KFC and Sbarro up there for crying out loud.
So as I look at the winded trees, as I stroll Ateneo at night. It's when i realize that it's not my time anymore. Most of my friends/ batchmates are working. So, there's no one to eat at the caf with.
But most specially, I don't have her. That is the biggest change.
Now, I am just a spectator and all the orgs and events I should've gone to are but a distant memory. I am simply tagged along for the ride.
Ancient where the times when all you can eat in the caf are blue and gold and seeing a rodic's place on the sec field is a call for celebration.
Gone where those times where there are cono benches and the only way to study is on the designated benches with your barkada.
Times have changed. Rodic's has become permanent at the caf up. Heck they even got KFC and Sbarro up there for crying out loud.
So as I look at the winded trees, as I stroll Ateneo at night. It's when i realize that it's not my time anymore. Most of my friends/ batchmates are working. So, there's no one to eat at the caf with.
But most specially, I don't have her. That is the biggest change.
Now, I am just a spectator and all the orgs and events I should've gone to are but a distant memory. I am simply tagged along for the ride.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home